Wednesday 1 June 2011

Crochet Blanket

Last week a friend at work taught me how to crochet. I have since put this in practice and used up some little balls of wool I had by making granny squares!!

granny squares

The blanket is now taking shape but I think I still have a long way to go before it's finished!!

granny squares blanket

I've used up all the pink and cream wool I had so I'm now introducing a new colour. Its actually more purple than it looks like in the pic.


granny squares

I have just visited 'Gemmipop designs' blog and she is also making a granny squares blanket. She has introduced some flowery squares into hers which are
lovely. I'm hoping she will share the pattern with me so I can give it a go!! Hopefully my next update will be my first attempt at a flowery square!!


Here we go, my first flowery square!! It took a lot longer to do than I thought but now i have the hang of it hopefully my next few won't take so long!

flower crochet square

Can't wait till its finished.

Todays Creative Blog

7 comments:

  1. Great colours. I love granny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grannies look great. I love how your Alice in Wonderland dresses turned out, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowee! Your squares are looking fantastic, lovely colours! The flower pattern is actually from a book called "200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix-and-Match" it's a fantastic book with lots of good patterns, and really easy to follow. If you have any problems getting hold of it let me know and I'll type it out for you. Best of luck with your squares, and thanks so much for popping over to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful! best of luck withit..where did you get the flower square pattern? i love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower square pattern is from '200 crochet blocks for blankets, throws and afghans'. It has some great designs in!!

    ReplyDelete